Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Runner and the Thermodynamics



Charlestown, MA 111610 Members of the band "Runner and the Thermodynamics" Marc Pinansky (Cq) with beard, Mike Oor (Cq) base and drummer and Roger Knight (cq) practice at a Charlestown, MA location on November 16, 2010 as they get ready for an upcoming performance in Cambridge, MA. The band was together from 2000 to 2005 and had reunited for this occasion. (Essdras M Suarez/ Globe Staff)/ G BEHIND THE SCENES: This came in as a band practicing assignment so I made sure I had ear plugs in my camera bag. The music was loud but these guys were very good. Great visual representatives of the archetypal band members too. TECH STUFF: ISO 2500; aperture 2.8- 9.0; speed 1/15th- 1/60th. Some images were shot with an off camera flash being set off by a remote on top of camera. The main light was a big fluorescent box of lights above them which worked for those playing right under it but the drummer was in the shade; thus, the flash. After all was said and done I remembered what my friend Dominic Chavez, a great photographer, always says; "do not disrespect the light." So I followed suit and the final portrait was done just with the overhead fluorescent and I think it worked pretty well.

No comments: