Saturday, April 9, 2011

Paul Revere Capture Ceremony Minute Man Natl. Park





Lincoln, MA 040911 A ceremony commemorating the capture of Paul Revere took place at the Minute Man National Historic Park in Lincoln, MA on April 9, 2011. (Essdras M Suarez/ Globe Staff)/ MET BEHIND THE SCENES: As part of the season opening of the national parks in the area the local re-enactors held a ceremony and I was assigned to cover the event. I was told I needed to get enough images for the paper and for the web (boston.com). This usually means shoot the heck out of the subject. I was pleased with the request because it allowed me a maxim I live by when it comes to photography: KEEP SHOOTING, KEEP MOVING, KEEP ADJUSTING. The ceremony wasn't that long and it wasn't that short neither but since I never stopped shooting and I kept circling the protagonists and I kept looking for new angles and moments, time really went by quite fast. TECH STUFF: As always, two cameras one with a 24-70 2.8 and another with a 70-200 2.8 with a 1.4 TC. ISO 200, Speeds: 1/125th to 1/200th of a second. WB Cloudy (even though it was a bright sunny day I usually use the cloudy setting to add a little bit of warmth to the images.)

No comments: