Thursday, June 2, 2011

Monson, MA/ One Day After the Tornado





Monson, MA 060211 One day after three tornadoes hit 19 communities in Massachussetts, residents of Monson, MA got to take a first look at the devastation. Some attended church services, other started on the clean up. Such as Tony Esposito who took a break from cleaning as he sat atop the rubble which used to be his home. And some as these friends found a moment of joy in such simple things as finding a plastic Crayola piggy bank in the debris at one of their friend’s home. (Essdras M Suarez/ Globe Staff)/ MET BEHIND THE SCENES: Yesterday when I saw the weather reports I kind of knew I'd be covering this story today. I was told to go to Mononson, MA where a service was being held at a church which lost its steeple during the storm. Not hard to make photos when there is so much devastation all around you. TECH STUFF: Shot again with my trusty 70-200 2.8 with a 1.4 and my 24- 70 2.8. WB: Sunny, Cloudy and AWB for inside the church. ISO varied from 320 to 6400.

1 comment:

keodawg said...

I happened to be in Monson the morning after the tornado to work on a cell site at the church with the clock tower down. To this day I’m speechless on the devastation I witnessed that day.