Wednesday, May 25, 2011

2011 Globe 100






(2011GLOBE100) Every year the Boston Globe puts out a special-edition magazine called the "Globe 100" where they profile the 100 most-relevant biz in the New England area. I did it for a couple of years and then I had to take a break. It is very stressful to deal with the logistics of scheduling important people such as CEOs for portraits. Some years I've been given more time, others like this one I was given my 6 or 7 subjects, 8 biz days before deadline. So I took a more zen approach on this edition: I let the chips fell where they may. At the I still got my portraits. This is who they are: Alan S. McKim (cq) CEO of Clean Harbors (the 2011 Number I company) ; Nathaniel Dalton (Cq), President and Corporate Operating Officer of Affiliated Managers Group; Harvard Bioscience president David Green (cq) photographed while holding a syringe pump; IPG Photonics CEO Valentin Gapontsev (cq) in front of a 20,000- watt fiber laser cutting through a 1/2 inch low- carbon steel; Seth Priebatsch, self- titled Chief Ninja of SCVNGR, keeps toy helicopters in his office to help him relax and Carol Meyrowitz the president, Chief Executive Officer, and director of TJX Companies, the leading off-price retailer in the United States. TECH STUFF: Every single one of these lighting set ups was tailored to the circumstances. Some are done with battery packs others are done with AC-fed lights, etc. If you want any specifics contact me and I'll be happy to give you the deets.

No comments: