Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cool Beach Find: Newborn Seal Pup




Boston, MA 050111 I found this seal pup while photographing beautiful beach landscapes somewhere in New England. According to the New England Aquarium personnel this is about a 24-hour-or-less old pup. They were able to tell this by the fact it still had part of its umbilical chord still attached. They also asked me not to disclose the location in order to give it a better chance of survival. If touched by human hands the mother would reject it and it probably wouldn't survive on its own. TECH STUFF: I had the unique opportunity to shoot at my leisure since I was the only one at this beach so early in the morning. So I took my time and shot a lot mostly with my 70- 200mm 2.8 with a 1.4 TC on it. Camera Nikon D3s. ISO 400. Apperture 4.0- 5.6. Speed 1/500th- 1/1000th of a second.

No comments: