Friday, July 1, 2011






Charlestown, MA 063011 The Sunset Parade at the Charlestown Navy Yard on June 30th, 2011 is designed to celebrate the neighborhood's naval heritage and the New England's patriotic roots. (Essdras M Suarez/ Globe Staff)/ MET BEHIND THE SCENES: On this day I spent all day today covering "patriotic weekend" activities. Earlier I was on the Charles River on the fireworks' barge. Later on the day I was sent to the mooring pier of Old Ironside, USS Constitution, for this parade. I thought I was done after I got the image of the kid being helped with his shoes by another member of the band. But the moment I was driving away the clouds parted and the sun just shone in. So I turned around and got these amazing- light images. Never give up on your natural light. TECH STUFF: 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8 w a 1.4TC, ISO 200, aperture 4.5- 5.6... and exercise patience.

No comments: