Monday, September 27, 2010

After the Shooting







Dorchester, MA 091710 Boston Police representatives, members of the local clergy, parents and their children attended a meeting on September 17, 2010 at the Dorchester High School cafeteria to address parents' concerns after a shooting occurred the previous Tuesday during the Eagle Pop Warner (5- 7 year olds) team practice. The children had to take cover while a gunman ran through the field while firing forcing parents and coaches to dive on top of the children to shield them.(Essdras M Suarez/ Globe Staff)/ MET BEHIND THE SCENES: At first I was not exactly sure what was I supposed to get out this assignment since it sounded as if THE photo happened when the gunman ran through the field. However once I arrived and saw the parents' faces and the haunting look in the children's eyes it became obvious to me that I was there to show our readers how such wanton acts of violence can affect a community. TECH STUFF: Shot with two cameras like I always do. One w a 80-200mm 2.8 and another one w a 24- 70mm 2.8. ISO varied from 1600 inside to 5000 outside. Aperture, I stayed pretty much with shallow apertures throughout the whole time since in this case it was about isolating my subjects from the background. I pretty much stayed between 2.8 and 5.6.

No comments: