Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Norestah' hits Massachussetts






Watertown, MA 011211 Boston metro area residents cope with the first major Northeaster winter storm of 2011. Photographs taken onJanuary 12, 2011. (Essdras M Suarez/ Globe staff)/ MET BEHIND THE SCENES: It is a fact weather is news, specially in New England. Today I didn't have to travel too far for images. I pretty much stayed on my neck of the woods and got plenty to work with. In contrast with the last storm that hit the area, residents heeded the official advise and a lot of people stayed home. TECH STUFF: Two camera bodies as always. Two lenses 24-70mm 2.8 and a 80-200mm 2.8. I also had a 1.4TC on the telephoto which I usually do when I know I'll be making images outside. ISO 250, speeds 1/250th to 1/100th of a second. Apertures 3.5 to 8.0 depending on the situation. Mode: aperture priority to begin with ... and as I usually do then Manual Mode. When shooting in the snow you have to open up your aperture or slow down your speed in order to allow more light in. The camera will easily be fooled into darkening the image because all the white in the frame. REMEMBER: CAMERAS ARE SO SMART THEY'RE DUMB!

1 comment:

Debra Fisher Goldstein said...

So much snow - so much like the Twin Cities!
Love the composition and subjects of the images.
Makes me want to dig out.