Friday, May 4, 2012

Boston Ballet' Fancy Free Rehearsal

Boston, MA 050112 Boston Ballet's troupe members rehearse for the company's production of "Fancy Free" on May 01, 2012. (Essdras M Suarez/ Boston Globe Staff)/ G BEHIND THE SCENES: One of my favorite subjects to photograph has always been dancers. To me they seem like sports cars, which even at a stand still are sleek-looking and ready to exploit with movement. It helps too that these dancers are real pros and it's very easy for them to ignore the constant clicking of my camera's shutter. That and the fact that I have been photographing their rehearsals now for about 10 years and they know me well. TECH STUFF: Easy enough, most of it shot with the 70-200mm 2.8 and the 24-70mm. A Nikon D3 and a D3s. ISO 1600. Speeds 1/160th- 1/250th of a second depending of close they got to the windows. WB Auto (mixed light from the windows and fluorescent overheads present.) EXTRA NOTE: Funny enough after having photographed these guys for these many years, this was the first time I noticed the reflection on the side of the piano.

No comments: