Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Designer Amanda Erickson

Newton, MA 051212 Lasell College fashion graduate Amanda Erickson with models wearing her designs on May 12, 2012 at the School of Fashion at the college campus in Newton. (Essdras M Suarez/ Globe Staff)/ G BEHIND THE SCENES: When I spoke with the designer the previous night she kinda neglected to mention there would be these many models involved in the photo shoot. Usually I say the more the merrier but in this case the problem was that I planned accordingly and only brought a one-head light kit. This is a setup which normally works great for portraits of one to two people max. Never did I have to try to light these many subjects with only one light before. So my challenge here: How do I maximize the only source of light I can control? I decided to go with bare bulb on the head with a small silver reflector on the light. I then bounced it on the ceiling, knowing that because it was a white and low ceiling the light would spread pretty evenly among the subjects. Also the "look" of this collection was kind of punk, industrial with Gothish palettes so the stark black and white worked best in my opinion. TECH DETAILS: One Travel Lite kit, this is the Calumet brand. One lens: 24- 70mm 2.8, one camera: D3s, ISO 100, Speed: 1/250th of a second, WB: Flash.

No comments: