Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cape Verde

Cape Verde April 17-24, 2012 These are just some images from my first visit to Cape Verde off the coast off Africa. This is an island nation made up of 10 islands. I visited the capital city of Praia and the island of Sao Vicente while on an education assignment for the Boston Globe. The first image is in Cidade Velhia which used to be the main port where slaves brought from Africa were traded. The second image is of a 20-year old man who had not been able to finish his last year of high school because his family didn't have the $37 for the whole year's tuition. The other two images are children being children which I encountered at a couple of different beaches. (Essdras M Suarez)BEHIND THE SCENES: I never stop making an image because it might not make the paper, or because it might not have to do with the story I was sent to cover. I'm a true believer that when I see something worth photographing I just photograph it. TECH STUFF: Two cameras: D3 and D3s. Two lenses 24-70mm 2.8 and 70-200mm 2.8 sometimes with a 1.4 TC on it. ISO anywhere between 100 to 3,200. If you want to see more images go to http://www.photoshelter.com/search/search?I_IS_RELEASED=&I_DSC=essdras+cape+verde&I_DSC_AND=t&_CB_I_PR=t&_CB_I_PU=t&_CB_I_RF=t&_CB_I_RM=t&I_ORIENTATION=&I_SDATE%5BMM%5D=&I_SDATE%5BDD%5D=DD&I_SDATE%5BYYYY%5D=YYYY&I_EDATE%5BMM%5D=&I_EDATE%5BDD%5D=DD&I_EDATE%5BYYYY%5D=YYYY&I_CITY=&I_STATE=&I_COUNTRY_ISO=CPV&I_SORT=RANK&V_ID=&G_ID=&_ACT=search :

No comments: