Friday, April 9, 2010

ICA teen film makers

Boston, MA 040210 ICA young filmmakers program students Gerald Lucey(Cq), 18, of Winchester and Chavella Lee (cq), 16, of Boston were photographed at the ICA on April 2, 2010. (Essdras M Suarez/ Globe Staff)/ G BEHIND THE SCENE STORY: The assignment only said we needed photos of these two young filmmakers. It didn't mention they wouldn't be filming or editing but instead they were just be there for the interview at the time I showed up. That only left me with the option of a portrait. I refuse to photograph people in front of their computers unless I have no other choice. I like the texture of the wood at the ICA so immediately I took them out to figure out something visually appealing which would include the wood pattern. As they were laying there I noticed how the shadows of people walking by added to the composition. It was only a matter of waiting for the right set of shadows. TECHNICAL STUFF: Shot with a 24-70mm 2.8 on cloudy WB. Composition wise I'm pretty pleased with the balance between the positive (space being used within the frame) and the negative space. The diagonal lines at opposite corners of the frame balance each other as well.

No comments: