Thursday, February 18, 2010

Adapting to the Circumstances

Boston, MA 021710 Brigette Dunn (cq) of Brookline was photographed on February 17, 2010 at the Opera House in Boston. She is the Female Dance Captatin and Dancer Swing for the Lion King production visiting Boston. (Essdras M Suarez/ Boston Globe) BEHIND THE SCENE STORY: I was assigned to do a portrait of Dunn at the theater. I had a local PR, her assistant, and a corporate PR with Disney Corp. following me around. There were concerns about regarding certain characters of the production that they didn't want me to photograph: Obstacle 1. Then one of my cameras died: Obstacle 2. Then my flashes stopped talking to my camera: Obstacle 3. Corporate PR lady was in background saying last time she was present for a photo shoot. It had been for full Annie Lebowitz- production. As she said this she kept eyeing me sideways and giving me a puzzled look as I shot for about 5 minutes and then proclaimed, "Im done." She asked to see the photo and was floored, in a good way by the result. The bottom line is that as professional no matter what, you have to pull through and come up with something you can be proud of.

1 comment:

Marshall said...

Love the indoor vege-framing as much as the quick problem-solving. Not that it wouldn't be nice to shoot with a Liebowitz budget, of course...

(And comments are back.)

- Marshall