Sunday, February 21, 2010

Make Up Artist website images freelance

Lexington, MA 022110 Make-up artist Tamar Karakozian is a friend and yoga student of mine and these photos were shot for her website at Naz Kupelian Salon in Lexington, MA. (Essdras M Suarez/ EMS Photography) TECHNICAL EXPLANATION: I have been told my approach to lighting is odd since I tend to start with a ton of lights and then I start taking them away one by one until I find what I'm looking for. In this case I started with four lights and ended with four gridded lights. I used a 1200 Pro Pack from Calumet and it was a matter of playing with different positioning to achieve the desired result. The first light is on a boom above her and slightly to the left side aimed at her face. The second light comes also from left side at about face level. Third light is directly behind her to create a nice rim light against her curly hair. And the last light is to the right slightly in front and higher than her face level and it was aimed at the left side of her face. The result is a play of different lights which add to the texture and mood of the photo without overpowering the character of the subject. The second photo I used sun light being reflected off a hood of a car and being diffused by the window. I also noticed how the diffused shadow was such a femenine shape I thought it worth of being exploited. I thought it would look better in B & W but originally was shot in color.

No comments: