Tuesday, July 20, 2010

BOSTON PD AND TENNIS PROGRAM





Boston, MA 071610 Three-year old Lamar Pina (cq), 3, of Dorchester, listening intently to a Boston Police officer's instructions, and other Boston Metro inner city children as they attend a tennis program at the Sportsmen's Tennis Club in Dorchester on July 16, 2010. The program is to expose the children to the sports of tennis and to get them familiar with police officers. (Essdras M Suarez/ Globe Staff)/ MET BEHIND THE SCENES: This was a visual candy store for photos. I spent a couple of hours at the tennis courts with the kids and it was just tons of fun. The Asian-American twins in the photo were very funny. I approached one of them and ask for his name and age. He didn't answer he just pointed to his brother and ran away. I went to the brother and asked him the same questions and then I said, " what's up with your twin?" He said, "well he doesn't like talking." I added, "MMmhh... Ok, so how do I tell you guys apart in the photos?" He gave me a tired look and said, "That's obvious, he is the one who doesn't like to talk, duh!" TECHNICAL STUFF: Gear: two cameras w two lenses 24-70mm 2.8 and the 70-200mm 2.8. White balance: AWB and fluorescent. ISO: 800- 3200 depending on where in the courts the subjects were located. Speed: 125th, all the way up to about 640th of a second.

No comments: