Saturday, July 10, 2010

TORRENTIAL RAINS BOSTON


Boston, MA 071010 Jacquie Garrity (cq) foreground, enjoys the rain as her friends Caroline Cadieux (Cq), and Faisal Balghunaim (cq), all 17 and students at the Tabor Academy in Marion, MA try in vain to remain dry as they walk by the Boston Public Library as torrential flash rain hit the Boston metropolitan area on July 10, 2010. (Essdras M Suarez/ Globe Staff)/ MET The other photo is people just walking down the street in Boyslton St. BEHIND THE SCENES: I had just finished covering the Natl. Govs. Assoc. meeting at the Sheraton in the Back Bay and right after I got into the parking garage it started pouring. At that point I had to decide whether to get wet in order to get photos or shoot from my high vantage view point. Thus, the second image. The first image I shot through my car window and I thought I was smart by staying dry until they came closer to give me their names after I called them and as they lean their umbrella just poured a ton of water into my passenger seat... TECH STUFF: 70-200 2.8 @ 4.0, ISO 400, WB Cloudy, speed 325th of a sec... pretty straight forward.

No comments: