Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rain n Cupcakes




Cambridge, MA 071410 Pedestrians on Church Street in Harvard Square walk by a mural at the Harvard Square Lowes Theatre buidling as they try to remain dry as sporadic rains hit the Boston metropolitan area on July 14, 2010. (Essdras M Suarez/ Globe Staff)/ MET BEHIND THE SCENES: Among the beauties of my job is that of never knowing what am I going to be shooting on a daily basis. For example today was spent shooting cupcakes at a new bakery and then I was told to once more look for an N/S (this stands for an image without story, a stand alone, a feature, etc, etc.) Since I really didn't want to spend too much time chasing people to get their names while under the rain I went for a more abstract look in the image of the raindrops running down the side of the glass. And I decided focus on the mural instead of the pedestrians on the other photo. But the story of rainy day was told the same either way. TECH STUFF: The cupcakes were shot available light with a 100 2.8 Macro lens, at 200ISO and 1/160th of a second exposure at 2.8-4.0 aperture range. The rain art was shot with a telephoto 70-200mm 2.8 and my trusty 24-70mm 2.8 while focusing on the water and waiting for the right amount of color to come into my frame.

No comments: